In the past few months we’ve been growing steadily in traffic, and quite a few people have asked why we haven’t attempted to monetise the site yet. It’s simple enough to stick a few Google Ads around the site, and watch the pennies roll in, but we’re firm believers of promoting the user experience as a core element to our brand. We don’t like looking at banner ads, and we know you won’t either, so it seems like a complete mistake to plaster them around regardless.
However, that doesn’t mean we’re going to avoid brand associations completely. Working at an advertising firm, I very much appreciate that brands can add value to the consumer if the partnership is done in an intelligent way, and hopefully this is one of the first opportunities we have to do something along these lines. Farfetch recently contacted us wanting to run a cross promotion, and whilst we are normally pretty wary of these things, after a bit of investigation we decided they fit our content perfectly.
Farfetch are an online retailer specialising in connecting the most prestigious independent fashion boutiques direct to the consumer. They stock a huge variety of stock including a great selection of men’s designer bags (or if you’re a woman, they’ve got some awesome shoulder bags), and even include lifestyle products and editorial pieces.
Whilst some of their products are very expensive and for the more up-market of shoppers, they have a great selection for all price ranges, and are currently running an awesome sale with substantial discounts. They’ve been incredibly gracious and offered us £70 to give to one lucky reader to spend on the Farfetch site.
To be in a chance with winning, you have to screenshot the Control The Riot Facebook Page, and the person with the most friends following by the end of the month will win the prize. Here’s mine, as an example:
– Screenshot must be posted in the comments of this article before 01-02-2011 to be eligible.
– Up to £70 can be spent on items including delivery. No cash alternative provided.
– We reserve the right to revoke the prize if we deem your claim fraudulent or unverifiable.
– CTR writers are obviously not eligible to win, past or present.
– Bear in mind, we’re doing this off our own backs and trying to offer you guys some great content, so please don’t try and take advantage. We’re all volunteers and don’t need the drama.
How To Post A Screenshot
1. Press the “print screen” button on your keyboard.
2. Open up Microsoft Paint and go Edit > Paste.
3. Save as a JPG.
4. Go to Imgur and select the file. Click continue.
5. Post the link in the comments below.
How can you get more friends on the Facebook Page?
If you invite more people, you’ll end up with a much higher number to screenshot. I’m not saying invite everyone, because I appreciate how annoying that can be, but if you invite the people you think may like it you’ll be in a much better position to win the prize!
All you have to do is upload a screenshot showing your friends who liked it and you’ll be able to win up to £70 in items on the Farfetch website. Good luck!